Today we are going to prepare Chicken Shawarma at our own kitchen. Simple Ingredients, and easy recipe to follow through.
- Boneless Chicken
- Red Chile Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Cumming Seeds
- Fresh Lime / Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil / Olive Oil
- Warm Water
Marinating The Chicken
- Crush Cinnamon and Cumin Seeds using a pestle and mortar
- Put boneless chicken into a bowl and add Crushed Cinnamon, Crushed Cumin Seeds, Chile powder, Pepper, Turmeric Powder and Salt.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Add fresh lime juice and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Preparing the Wrapping / Rotti
- Put Flour Into a bowl
- Add Baking Powder, Salt, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil, and Mix Well.
- Add Warm Water and mix until it becomes a dough.
- Once the dough is prepared, close the lid of the bowl with a wet cloth and keep it aside for about 30 Minutes.
- After 30 Mins, take the dough and make small sheets / rotti / wrapping using a rolling pin.
- Apply oil to a pan and cook these wrappers / rotties on both sides
Preparing the mixture for Chicken Shawarma Filling
- Take the marinated chicken and fry / bake them using an air fryer / oven or a pan
- Chop the Tomato, Cabbage and Cucumber into small pieces ( can add other veggies if needed)
- Place them into a bowl
- Add Salt, Pepper, and Lime Juice
- Mix it properly
- Apply mayonnaise
- Mix well.
Preparing the Shawarma
- Take One rotti, and apply Mayonnaise on it
- Place the shawarma filling mixture on it
- Place the fried / backed chicken on it
- Roll the rotti / wrapping and close the end using tooth picks
Shawarma is ready to be served and you can enjoy the chicken shawarma with your friends, family. .
Watch the video for step by step guide on how to prepare chicken shawarma at your own kitchen.