Poha Cutlet,combination of iron rich ingredients like poha, spinach and moong dal makes it a very healthy and nutritious snack.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Poha-Cutlets-%28-Iron-Rich%29-5686r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Poha Cutlet (Iron Rich)
Beaten rice (poha) is made in an iron pounder that contributes for its iron content. No wonder these yummy cutlets are packed with the richness of iron! Combination of iron rich ingredients like poha, spinach and moong dal makes it a very healthy and nutritious snack Addition of lemon juice also helps in absorption of iron.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes.
Makes 10 cutlets.
Soaking time: 1 hour .
2 cups thick beaten rice (jada poha), washed and drained
¼ cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram), washed and drained
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
¼ cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
3 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
Healthy Green chutney
1. Place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
2. Soak the moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for about an hour.
3. Drain, add the beaten rice and green chillies and grind to a coarse paste, without using any water.
4. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the spinach, coriander, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm (2″) diameter flat round cutlet.
6. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it using 1 tsp of oil, and cook 5 cutlets using 1 tsp of oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
7. Repeat step 6 to make 1 more batch of 5 cutlets.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup or healthy green chutney.