Festivals in India are a curious amalgamation of lights, food, and family. So how can India’s biggest festival – Diwali, be any different! The festival of lights as Diwali is commonly known is celebrated differently all across the country. Each and every family celebrates it differently and has special memories attached to it.
When there is talk of festival can mouth watering delicacies be far behind? So why not join us for a Food Hangout on Wednesday, 14th October at 11.00 a.m with five lovely foodies, Amrita Raichand (Host, Mummy ka Magic), Rekha Kakar (Food photographer and consultant), Nandita Iyer of Saffron Trail, Chef Rakhee Vaswani (Celebrity chef) and Nutritionist Dhvani Shah to discuss special Diwali memories, delectable food, and easy and healthy recipes to dish up this season.
Amrita Raichand is the host of the popular television show Mummy ka Magic. In addition to being a doting mom she is also a celebrity chef and has recently won an award for being a Woman Achiever.
Rekha Kakar is a food photographer and food consultant who loves to travel the world and explore different cuisines.
Rakhee Vaswani is a trained Cordon Bleu celebrity chef who successfully leads Palate Culinary studio. She also hosts a popular show Rewind with Rakhee.
Join us as we plan to discuss the following:
1. How has Diwali and the signature dishes we make changed over the years? Have we compromised on quality?
2. Are time strapped parents now outsourcing must have Diwali sweets and savouries or are we still taking time out to make them at home?
3. Are kids today still excited about eating pedas, ghevars, payasams, and ladoos?
4. In this health conscious world we live in is it possible to make a healthier version of Diwali sweets?
5. Are there any healthy benefits to the copious amounts of ghee, dry fruits, jaggery that are used during Diwali?
6. Personally, how has Diwali and the memories associated with it changed for you over the years? Do you have any special memories with your children now?
Don’t forget to share your questions in the comments below and we promise to ask our guests!