http://www.facebook.com/fortunecooking. How To Make Chinese New Year Food Salt And Pepper Shrimp.
14 oz of (16-20 counts) shrimp with shell, 2 tsp of cooking oil, 1 Tbs of ginger, 1 Tbs of garlic, 1/2 fresh hot chili to taste, 2 stalks of green onion, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 tsp of shoa shing cooking wine, 2/3 cup of potato flour, sprinkle some five spice powder, 1/2 tsp of sesame oil. cooking oil for frying.
1. Cut ginger, garlic, green onion and hot chili.
2. Cut and devein the shrimp, coat the shrimps with potato flour.
3. heat oil to 370 in a deep frying pan or wok, and deep fry for about 1 minutes until
the shell is crispy.
4. Heat wok medium and add cooking oil, after 10 seconds add in ginger, garlic, green onion (hard part of the green onion) saute until fragrant.
5. Add the shrimp in and stir fry briefly to coat the shrimp in salt, five spice, black
pepper and sesame oil.
6. Garnish chopped green onion on top of the shrimps. Enjoy.