Aloo dahi vada is a delicious dahi vada recipe made up of potatoes and some spices. These super yummy potato dahi vada can be consumed during fasts.
Potatoes – 2 (boiled)
Curd – 1 cup
Buckwheat/water chestnut flour – 3-4 tbsp
Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Brown cardamom – 1
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Sendha salt – 1 tsp
Green coriander – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Oil – to fry vadas
1. Start with crushing the seeds of brown cardamom using mortar pestle and then finely mash the peeled and boiled potatoes in a bowl .
2. To make the vadas, add black pepper powder, crushed brown cardamom, half amount of sendha salt, some green coriander and buckwheat flour into the mashed potatoes and Mix everything really well.
3. Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry the vadas. While the oil is getting heated, pinch some mixture from the bowl and roll it into smooth ball. Then flatten it slightly and give it a round shape of vada. Prepare all the vadas as well and keep them on a plate.
4. By this time the oil will get heated, drop the vadas in it and fry them on medium flame until they become golden brown from both the sides. Once they are fried aptly, transfer them on plate covered with tissue paper.
5. Transfer the vadas in a big bowl and pour the curd in it. Keep the vadas submerged for 5 minutes then serve.
6. Take some aloo vadas on a serving plate along with some curd and sprinkle some sendha salt, roasted cumin powder and green coriander on them and serve this lip-smacking aloo dahi vadas. You can have the vadas as it is, they taste super scrumptious.
If the batter is slightly thin in consistency then shape the vadas by putting the mixture on wet cloth placed on a bowl. Make the vadas by following the process of making dahi vadas.
Click here to read Potato Dahiwada Recipe for Vrat in Hindi